Friday, October 25, 2013

Cross Crusade 3: Herron Lakes PIR...Everyone came out for this one...

 
 
We were able to grab the perfect spot next to the concrete block/vault on Saturday.  Across from Trusty and next to Team Beer..how could we not have fun being sandwiched between these teams.  It was a perfect morning for a cross race and the dry weather ensured that the course would be faster then fast!!!   Ed and Karl got us started...and Ed was complaining about being hungover.  All I could see was Ed leaving a red cloud behind him during lap 1.  Gosh I hope that wasn't from the drinking? 
 He crushed it as always and continues to make progress.
 
 
We got to welcome Karl Winston back to cross after recovering from an MTB injury that he sustained during the summer...here he is lining up his vault.
 
 
Master Cs was full of Mongers with Brian, Ryan, Kyle and myself...sorry dudes I was racing too so there were no photos...scour the Internet.  Oh, I have this one gem of a sea of green and beard.  I think Kyle is in there, somewhere?
 
 
The party at Herron Lakes is so good that the team's Guvenor Sean "Beermonger' Campbell came out to make sure we had what we needed...nice work brotha it makes our weekends some much more fun!!!  Thanks for the support!!!  Now we need to find you a bike, a helmet and a BMCC jersey so you can ride too...
 
 
 
Abram, Brian W. and Stroup rolled out in the Master B race and even though the sun wasn't out yet these boys shined like some crazy-ass diamonds...whoops until Brian had a mechanical which sent him walking off the course, doh!  No worries you have a single speed bike too.  Here Abram is about to embark on some passing on the gravel road. Git sum!!!!

 
Stroup was going so fast the only thing I could read on his kit was the words "Beer" and "Mongers," Nice!  I like the one sock high, one sock short.  Must be some gang signs?
 
 
Tragically Bill 'the BMCC Town Sheriff" was out enjoying some R&R on his raft cause no one was around to defend us from the Le Femmes invasion....I mean that's my trainer your on.  Sheriff Bill we need you back!!
 
 
The fog did eventually burn off and the Mongirls were at it again...Abby, Jericho and Shawna did us proud in the Cat C race...Mari (Brain Little's wife) got her first 'race on' and looked solid too.
 



 

 
Kim tore it up during the Women's B race...here she is getting heckled from some gal with rolled up bike shorts.  Oh the humanity...

 
And then there is Julie 'the Real Deal' who friggin kicked it up a notch and won the Master Bs race...I mean you better have another shot or Candi is going to be emailing you.  My advice is to figure out the math so you can win Master Bs without being forced up and then SANDBAG!!!   I am embarrassed to not have a photo...nice work JulieJo!!!
 
While all of that excitement was going on between the tape I was getting my slippery, butter fingers on a legendary bike....that's right I got to ride around on Niels Alberts 2012 World Championship bike....uummmm electronic shifting.


The final race of the day had Matt, Dan, and Justin in Cat Bs with Andrew and two-timing Brian in the single speeds....Matt's working to get his number on correctly so the announcer will know who he is.


Dan and Justin have ripped-it-up in the Cat Bs on single speed bikes this year but this flat, dry course did not favor their set-ups and they could only do so much.  Nice effort lads...you still kicked arse...

 
Bustin 'BUSTIN' the vault....
 

Andrew came flying around the first corner in a solid pack and he was looking for some spaces to pass.  He rode hard and kept it all together with the mono-speed racers...Yo bro what's your geometry???  Unfortunately Brian burned up another bike and he had to run out the last 1/8 of a lap...if I only had Albert's bike I could have passed it to him.


The vault certainly brought out some high fliers and the Mongers partied post-race.

 
 
 Its becoming a tradition for the Mongers to be the last team to leave this great venue and 2013 was no exception...the sun was out, the beer was cold and the laughs continued til sunrise....I mean I am old and I left at 5:45pm. But not before I got this killer Trusty-Monger shot. See yins in Bend!!! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment